BAND ON TREES
a cardboard band put on tree trunks
- designed to catch pests wintering on tree trunks, e.g. plum fruit, apple fruit, apple leaf beetle, some leaf rolls and butterflies
- easy to use
- safe for people and the environment
The tree trunk band is used to catch pests hibernating in the bark crevices on tree trunks and pests that come out for night feeding. Useful in reducing the number of insects such as: plum fruit, apple fruit, apple leaf, some leaf rollers and butterflies.
How does the tree trunk band work?
Insects hide in various places to survive the winter. Many insects that feed on fruit trees hibernate in the corners of the bark. Insects hibernate in different ways, some go into diapause (“hibernation”) in adult form, others pupate for this purpose, and still others lay hibernating eggs. A very important life trait of some insects is going through the development cycle several times, which is associated with pupation. A cardboard band placed on tree trunks is an ideal place for wintering and pupation of insects. Cardboard waves imitate the natural corners of the bark. In the corners of the cardboard insects hide, pupate or lay their eggs in order to overwinter. Therefore, the band is wrapped twice around the tree trunk to hide insects. Then, after a few months, the band is destroyed, preferably by burning, along with the insects in it. In this way, we will effectively reduce the population.
The band should be put on in two times – at the beginning of summer and at the end of August. When the band is worn in early summer, remove it at the end of August. When it was established in late August, it should be destroyed in winter or very early spring. The cardboard band does not contain plant protection products, is safe for people and the environment, and is fully biodegradable.
Directions for use:
1. Wrap the tree trunk twice with a band at a height of 30-50 cm above the soil surface. If the tree has a support, wrap it with a separate band. Tie the wristband with the string provided in the package.
2. Pest larvae fall under the waves of cardboard and pupate or overwinter there. Adult insects lay their eggs in them.
3. In due time (end of August, winter, early spring), carefully remove the band filled with pests and burn it.
The package contains 1 roll
The roll is 2.5 m / 20 cm wide.